Examples of Projects
Click on the links to view PDF copies of publications.
Hospital Preparedness Fact Sheets
Working with a resilience engineer at the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI), Dr. Nourse wrote, designed, and formatted (in InDesign) a set of fact sheets about how to
prepare hospitals for earthquakes. Originally published by CREW, the fact sheets were subsequently published by the Oregon Department of Geology and Mineral Industries (DOGAMI) as Resilience Guidance for Oregon Hospitals.
Client: Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup (CREW)
Tsunami Evacuation Guidebook
Dr. Nourse worked with staff from the Oregon Office of Emergency Management and local stakeholders to create the Tsunami Evacuation Drill Guidebook: How to Plan a Community-Wide Tsunami Evacuation Drill. She drafted text, designed layout in Microsoft Word for publication in PDF format; consulted subject-matter experts at OEM, conducted research, and facilitated a stakeholder workshop.
Client: Oregon Military Department, Office of Emergency Management
Working chiefly as an editor, formatter, and consultant, Dr. Nourse has assisted the Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) with a number of projects, including:
- Editing, formatting, and helping to facilitate the development and publication of The Arts Learning Standards.
- Assisting in the development of ADA-compatible formatting for newly revised social studies standards.
- Editing and formatting the social studies standards content in preparation for online publication.
- Formatting and editing arts assessments to align with new standards and improve ADA compatibility.
- Working with a small group of educators to develop additional assessments for a new subject area.
Client: Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction
Resilient Washington State Initiative
Dr. Nourse was the writer, editor, and project-support person for the Resilient Washington State Initiative under the
direction of the Washington State Seismic Safety Committee. She compiled results of committee and subcommittee meetings, conducted interviews, synthesized the input of stakeholders in four work
groups, prepared two workshop reports, and worked with the Resilient Washington State Subcommittee to create the final report and recommenda-tions.
Client: Washington Military Department, Emergency Management Division